Acceptance & commitment therapy for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder & trauma-related problems : a practitioner's guide to using mindfulness & acceptance strategies / Robyn D. Walser, Darrah Westrup.
Walser, Robyn D. (författare)
Westrup, Darrah. (författare)
- ISBN 9781608823338
- Publicerad: Oakland, CA : New Harbinger Publications, 
- Copyright: ©2007
- Engelska ix, 255 pages
- Introduction -- Acceptance, mindfulness, and trauma : the problem of experiential avoidance and the verbal nature of trauma -- Mindfulness and acceptance -- Preparing to begin -- Creative hopelessness : finding the place where something new can happen -- Control as the problem : experiential avoidance and unworkable solutions -- Willingness -- Self-as-context -- Valued living -- Committed action -- Therapist and treatment considerations -- Clinical issues and assessment -- Conclusion : opening to vitality.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) offers a promising, empirically validated approach to the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other trauma related problems. In this volume, you'll find a complete theoretical and practical guide to making this revolutionary new model work in your practice. After a quick overview of PTSD, the first part of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma-Related Problems explains the problem of experiential avoidance as it relates to trauma and explores the verbal nature of post-traumatic stress. You'll learn the importance of mindfulness and acceptance in the ACT model, find out how to structure sessions with your clients, and examine the problem of control. The section concludes by introducing you to the idea of creative hopelessness as the starting point for creating a new, workable life after trauma. The book's second section offers a practical, step-by-step clinical guide to the six core ACT components in chronological order: Creative hopelessness ; The problem of control ; Willingness and defusion ; Self-as-context ; Valued living ; Committed action Each chapter explains how to introduce these topics to clients suffering from PTSD, illustrates each with case examples, and offers homework for your clients to use between sessions.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy. (LCSH)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Treatment. (LCSH)
- Psychic trauma -- Treatment. (LCSH)
- Cognitive therapy -- Methodology. (LCSH)
- Stress Disorders, Post-Traumatic -- therapy. (MeSH)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy -- methods. (MeSH)
- Stress Disorders, Traumatic, Acute -- therapy. (MeSH)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy. (fast)
- Cognitive therapy -- Methodology. (fast)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Treatment. (fast)
- Psychic trauma -- Treatment. (fast)
- Posttraumatiskt stressyndrom -- behandling (sao)
- RC552.P67 (LCC)
- WM 170 (NLM)
- 616.852106 (DDC)
- aac (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Linnéuniversitetet, Universitetsbiblioteket Kalmar (LnuK)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 616.852 Walser