Medical ethics : sources of Catholic teachings / Kevin D. O'Rourke, Philip J. Boyle.
O'Rourke, Kevin D. (författare)
Boyle, Philip J. (författare)
- ISBN 9781589017429
- 4th ed.
- Publicerad: Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, ©2011
- Engelska xx, 332 pages
- In a single convenient resource, this revised and updated edition of a classic text organizes and presents clearly the documents of the Catholic Church pertaining to medical ethics. Introductory chapters provide the context for interpreting the Church's teachings and theological values, guiding the reader in how to apply the teachings to particular ethical dilemmas and helping the reader to understand the role of conscience within the Catholic tradition. Medical Ethics examines specific teachings of the Church on over seventy issues in clinical and research ethics, including abortion, AIDS, artificial insemination, assisted suicide, cloning, contraception, euthanasia, gene therapy, health care reform, organ donation and transplantation, organizational ethics, stem cells, surrogate motherhood, and withholding and withdrawing life support. O'Rourke and Boyle bring this fourth edition up to the present day by incorporating recent papal documents regarding the social aspects of health care, assent to Church teaching, and the 2008 papal instruction Dignitas personae, an extremely influential document that illuminates such controversial dilemmas as prenatal adoption, frozen embryos, and genetic diagnosis. - from back cover.
- Medicinsk etik (sao)
- Kristen etik (sao)
- Medical ethics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church. (LCSH)
- Medicine -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church. (LCSH)
- Christian ethics -- Catholic authors. (LCSH)
- Pastoral medicine -- Catholic Church. (LCSH)
- Christian ethics (lcsh)
- Medical ethics (lcsh)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Dgv Etik: medicin
- R725.56 (LCC)
- W 50 (NLM)
- 241/.642 (DDC)
- Dgv (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit