Spadaro, Antonio: Cyberteologia
Cybertheology : thinking Christianity in the era of the Internet / Antonio Spadaro ; translated by Maria Way.
Spadaro, Antonio, 1966- (författare)
Way, Maria (översättare)
- ISBN 9780823256990
- Publicerad: New York : Fordham University Press, 2014
- Engelska xiii, 137 pages
- The Internet : between theology and technology -- The human being : decoder and search engine for God -- The mystical and connective body -- Hacker ethics and Christian vision -- Liturgy, sacraments, and virtual presence -- The technological tasks of collective intelligence.
- This book, written by Antonio Spadaro, S.J., the Editor of La Civiltà Cattolica, has been translated by Maria Way, who specializes in topics relating to media and religion. The author suggests that since the Internet has changed, and is changing, the ways in which we think and act, it must also be changing the ways in which we think Christianity and its theology. To develop this theme, he uses the term 'Cybertheology'. Through the theoretical works of a variety of authors, e.g., Marshall McLuhan, Peter Lévy and Teilhard de Chardin, he associates the concepts of theology with theories that have been expounded on the internet. His sources come from media studies and anthropology, as well as theology. Spadaro also considers the hacker ethic in relation to Cybertheology. How has the internet changed our notion of theology? Has the internet had similar effects on the thinking of Christianity that were experienced after the development of other media technologies? The book aims to clarify just how thinking has changed or remained the same in an era which is often seen as one in which the media's changes have speeded up. It considers both the positives and negatives that may be associated with the internet in relation to Christianity and its theology.
- Kristendom (sao)
- Internet -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (LCSH)
- Cyberspace -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (LCSH)
- Internet. (MeSH)
- Cyberspace -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (fast)
- Internet -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (fast)
- Internet -- religiösa aspekter (sao)
- Cyberspace -- religiösa aspekter (sao)
- Christianity (LCSH)
- BR99.74 (LCC)
- 261.52 (DDC)
- Cga (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Lunds universitets bibliotek, HT-biblioteken, LUX-biblioteket (Humanist- och teologcentrum) (Lux)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.