Local and regional development / Andy Pike, Andres Rodriguez Pose and John Tomaney.
Pike, Andy, 1968- (författare)
Rodriguez-Pose, Andres. (författare)
Tomaney, John, 1963- (författare)
- ISBN 9781315767673
- Second edition
- Publicerad: London ; Routledge, 2017
- Engelska 1 online resource (xvii, 386 pages)
- pt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Frameworks of understanding -- pt. 3. Interventions : rationales, strategies, policies and instruments -- pt. 4. Integrated approaches.
- "Actors and institutions in localities and regions across the world are seeking prosperity and wellbeing amidst tumultuous and disruptive shifts and transitions: an increasingly globalised, knowledge-intensive capitalism; global financial instability, volatility and crisis; concerns about economic, social and ecological sustainability, climate change and resource shortages; new multi-actor and multi-level systems of government and governance and a re-ordering of the international political economy; state austerity and retrenchment; and, new approaches to interventions, policy and institutions for development regionally and locally. Local and Regional Development provides an accessible, critical and integrated examination of local and regional development theory, institutions and policy in its changing context. Local and regional development is examined through a thematic analytical framework, focusing on its rising importance and underlying purpose, principles and values, frameworks of understanding, approaches and interventions, and integrated approaches to local and regional development throughout the world. The approach provides a theoretically informed, critical analysis of contemporary local and regional development in an international and multi-disciplinary context, grounded in concrete empirical examples from experiences in the global North and South. It concludes by identifying what might constitute holistic, inclusive, progressive and sustainable local and regional development."
- "Local and Regional Development provides an accessible, critical and integrated examination of local and regional development theory, institutions and policy in this changing context. Amidst its rising importance, the book addresses the fundamental issues of 'what kind of local and regional development and for whom?', its purposes, principles and values, frameworks of understanding, approaches and interventions throughout the world. The title concludes by identifying what might constitute holistic, inclusive, progressive and sustainable local and regional development, and reflecting upon its limits and political renewal."
- Regionplanering (sao)
- Regionalekonomi (sao)
- Regional economics. (LCSH)
- Regional planning. (LCSH)
- Economic development. (LCSH)
- Globalization -- Economic aspects. (LCSH)
- Regionalism -- Economic aspects. (LCSH)
- Economic development. (fast)
- Regional economics. (fast)
- Regional planning. (fast)
- Globalization -- Economic aspects. (fast)
- Regionalism -- Economic aspects. (fast)
- ARCHITECTURE -- Urban & Land Use Planning. (bisacsh)
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Entrepreneurship. (bisacsh)
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Development -- Economic Development. (bisacsh)
- Regional planning (LCSH)
- Regional economics (LCSH)
- Electronic books.
- 338.9 (DDC)
- Qad (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (Taylor & Francis eBooks Complete:Full Text)
Linköpings universitetsbibliotek (Li)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Extern tillgång endast anställda och studenter vid LiU)