Unbelievable : my front-row seat to the craziest campaign in American history / Katy Tur.
Tur, Katy, 1983- (författare)
- ISBN 9780062684929
- First edition.
- Publicerad: New York, NY : Dey St., an imprint of William Morrow, 
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska xii, 291 pages
- "Katy hasn't even looked up once at me." -- "You'll never be president!" -- "I had to grab Katy and kiss her." -- "She's back there, Little Katy." -- "Katy. It's Donald." -- "Find that asshole Tur!" -- "Pop the trunk. I'm going to run for it." -- "Look at those hands. Are they small hands?" -- "Be quiet. I know you want to, you know, save her." -- "Donald Trump doesn't lose." -- "Grab 'em by the pussy." -- "There's something happening, Katy.".
- The NBC news correspondent assigned to cover the Trump campaign for the 2016 presidential election shares her perspective on witnessing Trump's unexpected campaign successes.
- "Called 'disgraceful,' 'third-rate,' and 'not nice' by Donald Trump, NBC News correspondent Katy Tur reported on--and took flak from--the most captivating and volatile presidential candidate in American history. Katy Tur lived out of a suitcase for a year and a half, following Trump around the country, powered by packets of peanut butter and kept clean with dry shampoo. She visited forty states with the candidate, made more than 3,800 live television reports, and tried to endure a gazillion loops of Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer'--a Trump rally playlist staple. From day 1 to day 500, Tur documented Trump's inconsistencies, fact-checked his falsities, and called him out on his lies. In return, Trump repeatedly singled Tur out. He tried to charm her, intimidate her, and shame her. At one point, he got a crowd so riled up against Tur, Secret Service agents had to walk her to her car. None of it worked. Facts are stubborn. So was Tur. She was part of the first women-led politics team in the history of network news. The Boys on the Bus became the Girls on the Plane. But the circus remained. Through all the long nights, wild scoops, naked chauvinism, dodgy staffers, and fevered debates, no one had a better view than Tur. [This book] is her darkly comic, fascinatingly bizarre, and often scary story of how America sent a former reality show host to the White House. It's also the story of what it was like for Tur to be there as it happened, inside a no-rules world where reporters were spat on, demeaned, and discredited. Tur was a foreign correspondent who came home to her most foreign story of all. Unbelievable is a must-read for anyone who still wakes up and wonders, Is this real life?"--Jacket.
- Presidentval (sao)
- Valrörelser (sao)
- Valrörelser i massmedia (sao)
- Populism (sao)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 2016. (LCSH)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 2016.
- Förenta staterna (sao)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2009-2017. (LCSH)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2009-2017.
- 2000-talet (sao)
- Trump, Donald, 1946-
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham, 1947-
- E911 (LCC)
- 324.973/090512 (DDC)
- Oc.07 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 3 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit