Fat activism : a radical social movement / Charlotte Cooper.
Cooper, Charlotte, 1968- (författare)
- ISBN 9781910849002
- Publicerad: Bristol, UK : HammerOn Press, 2016
- Engelska 296 pages
- Undoing. Proxies ; Developing fat activist research -- Doing. This is fat activism ; A meta social movement -- Locating. My awakening ; Understanding contexts ; Fat feminism ; Some starting points -- Travelling. Travel and power ; Movement and stagnation -- Accessing. Being the same ; Gentrifying fat ; Rethinking borders -- Queering. Defining queer ; Queer fat activism ; Who knows?.
- Charlotte Cooper, a fat activist with more than 30 years experience, lifts the lid on a previously unexplored social movement and offers a fresh perspective on one of the major problems of our times. In her expansive, intelligent grassroots study she: - Reveals details of fat activist methods and approaches - Features extensive accounts of fat activist historical roots going back over four decades - Explores controversies and tensions in the movement - Shows that fat activism is an undeniably feminist and queer phenomenon. Fat Activism: A Radical Social Movement is a rare instance of fat people speaking about their lives and politics on their own terms. The book is the result of Charlotte's community-based doctoral research.--Amazon. CA.
- "What is Fat Activism and why is it important? Charlotte Cooper, a fat activist with around 30 years experience, answers this question by lifting the lid on a previously unexplored social movement. Fat Activism: A Radical Social Movement is a rare insider's view of fat people speaking about their lives and politics on their own terms. It is part of a new wave of accessible, accountable and rigorous work emerging through Research Justice and the Para-Academy."--Page 4 of cover.
- Sociala rörelser (sao)
- Övervikt -- politiska aspekter (sao)
- Fat-acceptance movement. (LCSH)
- Feminist theory. (LCSH)
- Queer theory. (LCSH)
- Fat-acceptance movement -- History. (LCSH)
- Body image in women -- Political aspects. (LCSH)
- Body image in women -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Social movements (LCSH)
- 616.3/98 (DDC)
- Vebe (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 3 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit