Trends and applications of serious gaming and social media / Youngkyun Baek, Ryan Ko, Tim Marsh, editors.
Baek, Youngkyun, (ed.)
Ko, Ryan, (ed.)
Marsh, Timothy Richard, (ed.)
- ISBN 9789814560252 (hardcover)
- New York ; Springer, cop. 2014
- Engelska viii, 186 p.
Serie: Gaming media and social effects.
- Future of serious games and immersive tehcnologies and their impact on society / David Wortley -- The Road to e-services: online and mobile games as enablers / Giuditta De Prato, Claudio Feijoo and Jean Paul Simon -- Achievement systems explained / Luca Galli and Piero Fraternali -- Identifying triggers within persuasive technology and games for saving and money management / Audrey Tan Yan Xi and Tim Marsh -- Malware analytics for social networking / Deepak Subramanian and Peter Kok Keong Loh -- Serious games and the gamification of mental health interventions / Jillian Sok Teng Boon and Daniel Shuen Sheng Fung -- Educational implications of social network games / Youngkyun Baek and Beomkyu Choi -- An Analysis of a social network game in view of consumption education class / Soojeong Lee -- Learning subject knowledge and acquiring twenty-first century skills through game development in the classroom / Clara Hu and Frankie Tam -- Learning with World of Warcraft: a study with MMORPG Brazilian players / Sylker Teles da Silva -- Learning through playing in Hong Kong classrooms / Clara Hui and Frankie Tam.
- Serious games are games that have been designed with a primary purpose other than just entertainment.These games have demonstrated their effectiveness in providing meaningful and engaging learning solutions, not just for kids, but also for adults, and even the elderly. This book highlights the challenges and potential of education learning or industry-based training using serious games and social media platforms. In particular, the book addresses applications used in businesses and education-related organizations in Asia, where the framework and experience of serious games have been used to address specific problems in the real world. The target audience for this book includes scientists, engineeers, and practitioners involved in the field of Serious Games. The major part of this book is comprised of papers that have been presented at the Serious Games and Social Connect 2012 conference held in Singapore (October 4, 2012). All the contributions have been peer reviewed by scientific committee members with reports about quality, content, and originality. -- From back cover.
- Games -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Social media. (LCSH)
- Internet games. (LCSH)
- Electronic games. (LCSH)
- Computer games. (LCSH)
- Games and technology. (LCSH)
- Computer games. (fast)
- Datorspel -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Elektroniska spel -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Sociala medier (sao)
- Electronic games. (fast)
- Games and technology. (fast)
- Games -- Social aspects. (fast)
- Internet games. (fast)
- Social media. (fast)
- Social media (LCSH)
- GV1201.38 (LCC)
- 306.487 (DDC)
- Ohk:oa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit