Before the Nickelodeon [Videoupptagning] : the early cinema of Edwin S. Porter / Film for Thought presents ; a Charles Musser film ; produced, directed and edited by Charles Musser ; written by Warren D. Leight, Charles Musser ; a New York-Hollywood Feature Film production.
Porter, Edwin S. (regissör)
Musser, Charles. (regissör, producent, författare, redaktör/utgivare)
Sweet, Blanche, 1895- (berättare/inläsare)
Film for Thought (Firm) (producent)
- British Film Institute. (distributor)
Alternativt namn: B.F.I.
Alternativt namn: BFI
- London, England : BFI, [cop. 200-].
- Engelska 1 DVD (58 min.) + 1 häfte ( 2. ; ill. : 18 cm.)
- Includes: The great train robbery (extract) (1903) ; Mr Edison at work in his chemical laboratory (1897) ; The Corbett-Courtney fight (1894) ; Mary Irwin kiss (1896) ; Wreck of the Battleship Maine (1898) ; Pack mules with ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba (extract) (1898) ; Kansas saloon smashers (1901) ; The capture of the Biddle Brothers (1902) ; The finish of Bridget McKeen (1901) ; Terrible Teddy, the Grizzly King (1901) ; Sampson-Schley controversy (1901) ; President McKinley's speech at the Pan-American Exposition (extract) (1901) ; Taking President McKinley's body from the train at the Canton, Ohio (extract) (1901) ; The execution of Czolgosz (1901) ; Elephants shooting the chutes, Luna Park Coney Island, no. 2 (1904) ; Appointment by telephone (1902) ; Barbe-bleue (extract) (1901) ; Jack and the beanstalk (1902) ; Le voyage dans la lune (extract) (1902) ; How they do things on the bowery (1902) ; Life of an American fireman (1903) ; Rescued from an eagle's nest (extract) (1908).
- Between the years 1894 and 1908, Edwin S. Porter was the leading American filmmaker. Follows his movie career, from his first job installing Thomas Edison's Vitascope machines in New York, through his business as a film exhibitor, to his job as head of Edison's movie studio. There he created story films: Jack and the Beanstalk, The Life of an American Fireman, and The Great Train Robbery. By 1909, his film technique was old fashioned. Ffired by Edison, he continued making films until 1915, but he had been left behind by new directors with new techniques.
- Stumfilm (sfit)
- Dokumentärfilm (sfit)
- Kortfilm (sfit)
- Porter, Edwin S.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Before the Nickelodeon: the early cinema of Edwin S. Porter (US, Charles Musser, 1982)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Documentary films
- Short films
- Silent films
- PN1998.3.P67 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit