Once again, the challenge to the U.S. Army during a defense reduction : to remain a military profession / Don M. Snider.
Snider, Don M., 1940- (författare)
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Army War College. Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: SSI
- ISBN 1584875216
- Publicerad: Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 
- Engelska viii, 34 p.
Serie: Professional military ethics monograph series ; v. 4.
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via SSI)
- Introduction -- The background realities -- Including Army civilians -- The essential characteristics of the Army profession -- The way ahead -- Conclusion.
- As with the post-Cold War downsizing during the Clinton administration in the late 1990s, one critical challenge for the U.S. Army centers on the qualitative, institutional character of the Army after the reductions -- will the U.S. Army manifest the essential characteristics and behavior of a military profession with soldiers and civilians who see themselves sacrificially called to a vocation of service to country within a motivating professional culture that sustains a meritocratic ethic, or will the Army's character be more like any other government occupation in which its members view themselves as filing a job, motivated mostly by the extrinsic factors of pay, location, and work hours? In mid-2010, the Secretary of the Army and the Chief of Staff directed the Commanding General, Training and Doctrine Command, then General Martin Dempsey, to undertake a broad campaign of learning, involving the entire Department. The intent was to think through what it means for the Army to be a profession of arms and for its soldiers and civilians to be professionals as the Army largely returns stateside after a decade of war and then quickly transitions to the new era of Defense reductions. Several new preceptions of the Army as a military profession have been produced, along with numerous initiatives that are currently being staffed to strengthen the professional character of the Army as it simultaneously recovers from a decade of war and transitions through reductions in force. They form the descriptive content of this monograph.
- Soldater (sao)
- Militär etik (sao)
- Professional employees. (LCSH)
- Soldiers -- Professional ethics. (LCSH)
- Military ethics -- United States. (LCSH)
- army -- reductions -- ethics -- USA (sipri)
- Military ethics (LCSH)
- Soldiers (LCSH)
- Förenta staterna (sao)
- United States. Army -- Vocational guidance.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- professional army
- UA25 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit