The politics of bodies at risk : the human in the body / Maria Boikova Struble.
Struble, Maria Boikova, 1980- (author.)
- ISBN 9781786601223
- Publicerad: London ; Rowman & Littlefield International, 
- Engelska xi, 183 pages
- Introduction : risk and the exception; sovereign power and its excesses -- The spectre that haunts : Giorgio Agamben -- Trafficking and the single story -- Recovery, pathology and poetic witness -- Waiting for the state : Tibetan refugees in Nepal -- The child's dead body as "war body" -- Conclusion.
- An understanding of International Relations exclusively as a sphere plagued by countless known and unknown risks, looming disasters and imminent threats leaves an important aspect of the study of politics unengaged - that of the human herself. The Politics of Bodies at Risk re-engages and re-conceptualizes politics from the point of view of the everyday experiences of human materiality living with risk across geopolitical worlds and state borders. Re-imagining human bodies as productive, singular and embodied materiality removes them from an understanding of "life" in an age of terror as pejorative, dispensable, and burdensome, enabling a novel understanding of politics as an embodiment of human bodies with risk, and not as a sphere of activity aimed primarily at managing, silencing, and normalizing the risky other. Drawing on case studies from several countries and across several disciplines, The Politics of Bodies at Risk investigates the possibility of developing an understanding of the productive possibilities contained in engaging with the human body as a site of a radical interconnectedness between politics, singularity, risk, and security.
- Mänsklig säkerhet (sao)
- Geopolitik (sao)
- Human security. (LCSH)
- Geopolitics. (LCSH)
- Risk perception -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Human body -- Political aspects. (LCSH)
- Geopolitics. (fast)
- Human security. (fast)
- Human body -- Political aspects. (fast)
- Risk perception -- Social aspects. (fast)
- Människokroppen -- politiska aspekter (sao)
- Geopolitics (LCSH)
- Human security (LCSH)
- JC571 (LCC)
- 320.01 (DDC)
- Oc:d (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit