Good medical practice : professionalism, ethics and law / Kerry J. Breen [and three others].
Breen, Kerry J. (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-521-18341-3
- Cambridge ; Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Engelska xxxviii, 424 pages
- Ethical principles for the medical profession -- Ethical and legal responsibilities of medical students -- Communication skills -- Consent and informed decision making -- Confidentiality, privacy and disclosure -- Medical records, reports and certificates -- Negligence, professional liability and adverse events -- The regulation of the medical profession -- Health care complaints systems -- The doctor and sexual boundaries -- Personal health of the doctor: illness and impairment -- Maintenance of professional competence -- Ethics and the allocation of health-care resources -- The Australian health-care system -- The doctor and interprofessional relationships -- Entering and leaving practice and pratice management -- Clinical research -- Prescribing and administering drugs -- Diagnosing and certifying death and the role of the coroner -- Births, reproductive technology, family law and child protection -- Termination of pregnancy and related issues -- Withholding or withdrawing treatment in the seriously or terminally ill -- The law and the mentally ill -- The law and courts of law in Australia -- Medico-legal examinations and reports, court procedures and expert evidence -- Other legislation relevant to medical practice.
- "Good Medical Practice: Professionalism, Ethics and Law" brings together information that is central to the professional, ethical and legal requirements of being a doctor. It covers a core curriculum for medical students, doctors in training and international medical graduates preparing for the Australian Medical Council examinations. A useful guide for busy doctors, giving sound advice for issues that arise in practice, ensuring that all approaches meet professional standards. Effective and compassionate practice depends equally upon good communication skills, an empathetic attitude, truthfulness, self-reflection and an awareness of the responsibilities arising under relevant laws. Good Medical Practice encapsulates these attributes and includes practice management, inter-professional relationships, sexual misconduct, complaints processes, the Australian health care system and doctors' health within its broad and comprehensive purview. Written by specialist practitioners with vast teaching experience, this is a unique, timely and accessible text that reinforces a contemporary focus on professionalism in medical practice.
- Medicinsk etik -- juridik och lagstiftning (sao)
- Medical ethics -- Australia. (LCSH)
- Medical laws and legislation -- Australia. (LCSH)
- Physicians -- Professional ethics. (LCSH)
- Ethics, Medical. (MeSH)
- Legislation, Medical. (MeSH)
- Medical ethics. (fast)
- Medical laws and legislation. (fast)
- Physicians -- Professional ethics. (fast)
- Australia. (MeSH)
- Australia. (fast)
- R724 (LCC)
- W 50 (NLM)
- 610.711 (DDC)
- Epabv (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Stockholms universitet Frescatibiblioteket (H)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.