Console wars : Sega, Nintendo, and the battle that defined a generation / Blake J. Harris ; foreword by Seth Rogan & Evan Goldberg.
Harris, Blake J. (författare)
- ISBN 9780062276704
- Publicerad: New York, NY : Dey St., an imprint of William Morrow Publishers, 2015
- Copyright: ©2014
- Engelska xvii, 558 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates
- Engelska 576 s.
- In 1990, Nintendo had a virtual monopoly on the videogame industry. Sega, on the other hand, was just a faltering arcade company with big aspirations and even bigger personalities. But all that would change with the arrival of Tom Kalinske, a former Mattel executive who knew nothing about videogames and everything about fighting uphill battles. His unconventional tactics, combined with the blood, sweat, and bold ideas of his renegade employees, completely transformed Sega and led to a ruthless, David-and-Goliath showdown with Nintendo. But Sega's success would create many new enemies and make Nintendo stronger than ever. In this study, writer and filmmaker Blake J. Harris brings into focus the warriors, the strategies, and the battles, and explores how they transformed popular culture forever.--From publisher description.
- Electronic games industry -- History. (LCSH)
- Video games industry -- History. (LCSH)
- Datorspelsindustri -- historia (sao)
- SEGA Entāpuraizesu.
- Nintendō Kabushiki Kaisha.
- 338.7617948 (DDC)
- Qz (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit