Crimes of globalization / Dawn L. Rothe and David O. Friedrichs.
Rothe, Dawn, 1961- (författare)
Friedrichs, David O. (författare)
- ISBN 9780415856300 (hardback)
- Publicerad: Abingdon, Oxon ; Routledge, 2015.
- Engelska xxv, 132 pages
- "Although much of the literature on crime and justice in international society has addressed the impact of globalization and the challenge of addressing crimes that are in violation of international law, less attention has been paid to crimes that are specifically a product of expanding globalization. This book resets this balance and examines crimes of globalization and particularly those of international financial institutions.Written by two international experts in the field, this book speaks to the need for a criminology that aspires to be relevant to a rapidly changing world and addresses these new developments in global crime. The book enhances our understanding of the etiological factors behind crimes of globalization and also serves as a basic introduction for scholars and students alike that have an interest in these types of crimes and social harms. "--
- "This book addresses immensely consequential crimes in the world today that, to date, have been almost wholly neglected by students of crime and criminal justice: crimes of globalization. This term refers to the hugely harmful consequences of the policies and practices of international financial institutions - principally in the global South. A case is made for characterizing these policies and practices specifically as crime. Although there is now a substantial criminological literature on transnational crimes, crimes of states and state-corporate crimes, crimes of globalization intersect with, but are not synonymous with, these crimes. Identifying specific reasons why students of crime and criminal justice should have an interest in this topic, this text also identifies underlying assumptions, defines key terms, and situates crimes of globalization within the criminological enterprise. The authors also define crimes of globalization and review the literature to date on the topic; review the current forms of crimes of globalization; outline an integrated theory of crimes of globalization; and identify the challenges of controlling the international financial institutions that perpetrate crimes of globalization, including the role of an emerging Global Justice Movement. The authors of this book have published widely on white collar crime, crimes of states, state-corporate crime and related topics. This book will be essential reading for academics and students of crime and criminal justice who, the authors argue, need to attend to emerging forms of crime that arise specifically out of the conditions of globalization in our increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world"--
- Brott (sao)
- Globalisering (sao)
- Gränsöverskridande brottslighet (sao)
- Crime and globalization. (LCSH)
- Transnational crime. (LCSH)
- Crime and globalization. (fast)
- Transnational crime. (fast)
- Globalization (LCSH)
- Crime (LCSH)
- Transnational crime (LCSH)
- HV6252 (LCC)
- 364.16/8 (DDC)
- Oer (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Stockholms universitet Frescatibiblioteket (H)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.