Miłoszewski, Zygmunt: Ziarno prawdy.
A grain of truth / Zygmunt Miłoszewski ; translated from the Polish by Antonia Lloyd-Jones.
Miłoszewski, Zygmunt, 1976- (författare)
Lloyd-Jones, Antonia. (översättare)
- ISBN 9781908524027
- Publicerad: London : Bitter Lemon, 2012
- Engelska 380 pages
- It is spring 2009, and prosecutor Teodor Szacki is no longer working in Warsaw--he has said goodbye to his family and to his career in the capital and moved to Sandomierz, a picturesque town full of churches and museums. Hoping to start a "brave new life," Szacki instead finds himself investigating a strange murder case in surroundings both alien and unfriendly. The victim is found brutally murdered, her body drained of blood. The killing bears the hallmarks of legendary Jewish ritual slaughter, prompting a wave of anti-Semitic paranoia in the town, where everyone knows everyone. The murdered woman's husband is bereft, but when Szacki discovers that she had a lover, the husband becomes the prime suspect. Before there's time to arrest him, he is found murdered in similar circumstances. In his investigation Szacki must wrestle with the painful tangle of Polish-Jewish relations and something that happened more than sixty years earlier.
- Suspense fiction. (LCSH)
- Detective and mystery stories, Polish. (LCSH)
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Antisemitism -- Poland -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Blood accusation -- Poland -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Szacki, Teodor (Fictitious character) -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Sandomierz (Poland) -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Deckare (saogf)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- He Skönlitteratur: engelska
- PG7213.I455 (LCC)
- 891.8538 (DDC)
- Heemc.01 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit