Law and development in Asia / edited by Gerald McAlinn & Caslav Pejovic.
McAlinn, Gerald Paul. (redaktör/utgivare)
Pejovic, Caslav. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-0-415-57603-1 (hardback)
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Engelska 337 s.
Serie: Routledge law in Asia series ; 11
- Law and development orthodoxies and the Northeast Asian experience / John K.M. Ohnesorge -- The resurgence of the right to development / Muthucumaraswamy Sornarajah -- Japanese law and Asian development / Tom Ginsburg -- The success of law and development in China : is China the latest Asian developmental state? / Connie Carter -- The politics of law and development in Thailand : seeking Rousseau, finding Hobbes / Andrew Harding -- Law and development, FDI, and the rule of law in post-Soviet Central Asia : the case of Mongolia / Sukhbaatar Sumiya -- Echoes of through the looking glass : comparing judicial reforms in Singapore and India / Arun K. Thiruvengadam and Michael Ewing-Chow -- Japanese long-term employment : between social norms and economic rationale / Caslav Pejovic -- Non-economic criteria in the formulation of the world trade regime : from social clause to CSR / Shin-ichi Ago -- China's antimonopoly law and recurrence to standards / Steven Van Uytsel -- The privatization of investor-state dispute resolution / Gerald Paul McAlinn -- Thailand and legal development / Lawan Thanadsillapakul.
- "This book presents a comprehensive overview of the key issues relating to law and development in Asia. It discusses the different models of law and development, including both the developmental state model of the 1960s and the neo-liberal model of the 1980s, and shows how development has worked out in practice in relation to these models in a range of Asian countries, including Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, Singapore, India and Mongolia. Particular themes examined include constitutionalism, judicial and legal reform, labour law, the growing importance of private rights, foreign investment and the international law of development. "--
- Law -- Asia. (LCSH)
- Law and economic development. (LCSH)
- Lagar -- Asien (sao)
- Ekonomisk utveckling (sao)
- Economic development (LCSH)
- KNC79 (LCC)
- 349.5 (DDC)
- Oe-o (kssb/8)
- Qa:oe (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit